Open PhD position in Split, Croatia
Based on the approved HrZZ project "Cellular parabiosis: the role of cell-to-cell communication in phenotypic suppression" led by Dr. Katarina Trajković, funded through the program "Young Researchers Career Development Project - training for graduate students" (HrZZ IP-2019-04-3504), Mediterranean Institute for Life Sciences is announcing a tender for the employment of doctoral students.
The focus of the doctoral thesis will be investigation of cellular parabiosis – phenotypic suppression of age-related phenotypes in damaged cells by the surrounding healthy cells via cell-to-cell communication. The project results are expected to establish basis for an innovative approach to slowing aging by stimulation of cellular parabiosis.
Mandatory requirements for doctoral students:
- Completed appropriate graduate or integrated study;
- The candidate meets the conditions for enrollment in the doctoral program Translational Research in Biomedicine - TRIBE at the Medical Faculty in Split or is already studying at the doctoral program TRIBE at the Medical Faculty in Split (http://www.mefst.unist.hr/studiji/doktorska-skola/tribe-607/607);
- Total grade point average at previous levels of study (undergraduate, graduate or integrated study) that ensures enrollment in the doctoral program.
- Experience in scientific research
- Excellence in studying and research
- Good knowledge of English
- International educational and / or professional experience
- Curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter
- Certificate of completed graduate or integrated studies
- Overall grade point average at previous levels of study
- For candidates who are already enrolled in a doctoral program, a certificate of enrollment
- Two letters of recommendation
- Certificates of awards
- Only candidates eligible for enrollment in the doctoral program in the current academic year 2020/2021 (at the latest) can apply.
- A candidate whose doctoral education has been previously financed by the Croatian Science Foundation, but has given up funding, cannot apply for the competition.
- The employment contract with the doctoral student can be concluded by the organization only after the consent of the Croatian Science Foundation and the concluded Agreement on mutual rights and obligations between the Foundation, the head of the organization and the mentor.